Join Us in Ending Hunger
How you can get involved:
- Invite a Hunger Alliance member to present at a board of directors or staff meeting
- Invite a Hunger Alliance member to hold a presentation about the Mesa County Blueprint to End Hunger to your service club or congregation
- Volunteer with a Hunger Alliance organization
- Donate to priority projects in the Mesa County Blueprint to End Hunger
- Expand Hilltop’s No One Should Go Hungry campaign! Financial support is needed to reach families eligible for food assistance. Total campaign costs $10,000. Any amount appreciated.
- Support D51 Snack Stations. Snack stations help decrease food waste and get fruits, vegetables, and dairy products to hungry students at times when school cafeterias are closed. Snack stations include a commercial merchandiser, dry food cabinet and educational posters. One unit costs $5,000, 20 units are needed. Any amount appreciated.
- Help brand Homeward Bound’s new refrigerated truck for grocery and food rescue. Reduce food waste and rescue food items for hunger relief! $15,000 needed for design and wrapping the truck. Any amount appreciated.
- Strengthen the new partnership between Kids Aid and Community Food Bank. Funding needed for shared volunteer and donor management software. $12,000 for software and training. Any amount appreciated.
- Help build Meals on Wheels a new commercial kitchen. Double the number of meals that can be provided to vulnerable seniors. Community goal of $250,000 by end of 2021. Any amount appreciated.
Donate to the Mesa County Blueprint to End Hunger efforts:
If you wish to make a donation via mail to the Mesa County Blueprint to End Hunger efforts, please include “Blueprint” in the memo line and send it to:
Western Colorado Community Foundation
PO Box 4334, Grand Junction, CO 81502